Monday, September 13, 2010

WHY? PLEASE TELL ME WHY?

5
Now I'm not prejudicial to any race, religion, caste or creed least to say my own kin. But when you are standing next to someone for 45 minutes and the person cannot stop moving, hitting you with their bag (with an oh, I'm sorry afterwards. Seriously how many times are you going to hit me with that blasted bag of yours?), walking to and fro to see if the bus had arrived (as if the bus is going to arrive quickly because she is anxious) and thinking to change buses! My goodness, what a pain in the ass! This Indian woman wouldn't stop at anything to annoy the living day lights out of me. Reading a lot about spirituality and the essence to keep my emotions in check even when provoked and in face of chaos, I tried so hard until that nut job got under my skin! At some point she and another lady ahead of me probably thought I was crazy since I was laughing to David Sedaris talk about his experiences of being an elf at Macy's but after a while his stark humor couldn't stop me from being annoyed at this woman and her bags!

And then when the bus finally arrived, she had the nerve to smile at me as if we were friends!

I hate port authority and the people that come through it, the selfishness that emanates from them where they think there are the only ones wanting to get home with no one around them in any similar need. The smallest catastrophe at that dumb place leads to deluge of people flooded there and leading to nothing but annoyance for each other. So why was I stuck there for so long? Who knows!

I would have been better off going to my company's happy hour for some free drinks and absolutely no vegetarian food, instead of subjecting myself to this abominable torture. Yes they scheduled it for a Monday, why? Because it would be the cheapest day to do so. But oh wait, as I write this those poor bastards are getting rained on. Yep they are at an outdoor patio.

Finally the bus arrived but the moment I sat down a woman started her hysterics in Spanish, wildly waving the bus driver. What was wrong with her? I still don't have the privilege of knowing. Then an older lady came and sat next to me who started fidgeting with her sweater. In a bid to put it on she got trapped, numerous times, in her own bag. Another bag features in my prime time drama-filled commute.

Total commute time: 2.05 hours. Normal commute time: 45 minutes.

5 Response to WHY? PLEASE TELL ME WHY?

September 14, 2010 at 8:58 AM

oh, rupande !

i wonder if the weather had anything to do with it ? people being fidgety ? i can see being fidgety in a sweater that has just been slightly soaked by rain spots.

not that it makes it okay to get too close for comfort, annoyingly so, to those around you on public transit. but still. yikes.

i am now wholly convinced that you are a highly sensitive person type ! your personal bubble being invaded so constantly, and your reaction-- it just shows it. although i wonder if anyone could stand such annoying, unaware of themselves types around ever. hm.

at my work, we have something we at least by conversation call the pita awards. this stands for pain in the ass. so if you ever want to save profanity to express yourself, you could refer to that floppy, tossing and space-taking-up lady as a pita. we talk about customers who are freaking annoying and picky and edgy, as being candidates for the pita awards. people have never been so picky and trying to get more work out of our contracts than they actually are quoted for. it's getting ridiculous and makes us sort of hate people, at least the pita types.

that is an effing long commute !!! i wish there was a better way. =/

several friends and i are always wishing the state would finally make a subway from philly to the suburbs. it would have so many pluses. i won't drive to the city, but i would take a subway there. it'd help generate revenue on either end, people visiting places they wouldn't normally visit because highway traffic is so awful. it'd create jobs for the making of the railway. it'd create jobs for running the eventual railway. people would travel to shop and eat at restaurants in the city, so it'd help the city. and then the better attributes of our suburban area and rural landscapes could be revved up marketing-wise to show city folks what is valuable out here for a change of pace once in a while. but no, they are so budget-struck that it probably won't happen anytime soon. blah. the only time i would consider driving to the city for highway times is at like 3.00 a.m. when the roads would be clear.

white light & blessings to the stuck-on-themselves, space-hogging types ! ah.

September 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM

oh, and my latest book is eats, shoots & leaves by lynne truss. it's about grammar sticklerism.

one instance i found in it, which i noticed on an ice cream truck that briefly pulled into my work months ago just to turn around, was "children drive slowly." haha. in the book, it was fixed later as "children, drive slowly." you know, those kids behind the wheel of ice cream trucks really need to watch their pace on the road. haha, ahhh. funny, ridiculous sights out in the world with word-speak, painted on ice cream trucks and beyond.

September 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I love the pita awards! This woman last night won the life time achievement award in my Oscars! Haha.

September 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM

You'll have to ask Val about the lady on the bus when we came to visit them. I thought Val was going to get into a brawl with this lady for mouthing off about us getting off the bus too slowly.. we had Chase with us who was under 3 at the time. We still laugh about it.. 3 years later!

September 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Yes, people are way too insensitive of what's going on around them! Gotta love New York!

Post a Comment