Monday, September 27, 2010

Disaster befalls Project B-52!

0
This is a total disaster! All my plans have gone down the drain! They changed the seating arrangement at work, and I have lost ALL my privacy! Extremely displeased with this ridiculous arrangement! Not to say that I cannot read anything now because I’m in full view of everyone! Ugh!
Needless to say, absolutely no one likes this crap and we’re all up in arms about why we have to forego literally all of our privacy! But nothing is going to change and we have to accept our fate:(
Besides that, it’s a rainy morning here in New York and coming into to work today the wind blew all rain on me soaking my pants! It’s just not a good morning for me, at work or outside. It’s really the perfect day to stay in bed and snuggle.
The weekend weather was perfect and the slight dip yesterday was refreshing. I went to H-Mart yesterday for the first time (Korean grocery store) and was amazed at the variety of things they sell there. Tubs and tubs of khimchi in giant transparent plastic bags, delicious almond breads, yogurt breads (I know it doesn’t sound appealing but trust me, it was bloody delicious). I especially was amazed by the size of fish I saw. Huge!!




On another note, reading was the last thing on my mind this past week so Russian Winter is far from being done. So far, the book’s alright. There are moments when the book is good; I like the concept of one chapter from the past, the next one from the present. The author makes the past more intriguing than the present; I enjoy reading the past more. One thing though, the main character (her name is Nina and she used to be a ballet dancer and is now auctioning all these amazing jewels) comes across so sweet, naïve and in love in the past but in the present she is one miserable old woman! She is bitchy and complaining so I’m kind of curious to see what happened in her life to make her so bitter towards everyone.

No Response to "Disaster befalls Project B-52!"

Post a Comment