Friday, September 17, 2010

This & That

0
I had to share this. Simply took my breath away to realize such beauty can be found  in impending destruction!

Fishermen rescuing their boats before Tropical storm Karl arrives in Mexico.
Courtesy: BBC

On another note, here are some nuggets from “SantaLand Diaries”. As I mentioned earlier, SantaLand Diaries was based off Sedaris’ experience working as an elf around Christmas time at Macy’s in New York.
“I’d like to work for UPS because, in my opinion, it’s an opportunity to showcase my substantial leadership skills in one of the finest private delivery companies this country has seen since the Pony Express!” His thought when applying for a job as a driver at UPS.
“I said I liked the uniforms and the UPS interviewer turned my application facedown on his desk and said, “Give me a break.”
“The woman at Macy’s asked, “Would you be interested in full-time elf or evening and weekend elf?” I said, “Full-time elf.” I have an appointment next Wednesday at noon. I am a thirty-three year old man applying for a job as an elf.”
“I’m certain that I failed my drug test. My urine had roaches and stems floating in it, but still they hired me because I am short, five feet five inches. Almost everyone they hired is short. One is a dwarf.”
“A spotted child visited Santa, climbed up on his lap, and expressed a wish to recover from chicken pox. Santa leapt up.”
“Santa’s thrust this afternoon was the boredom of his nine-year relationship. He would wave the children good-bye and then turn to me, saying, “I want an affair, goddamn it – just a little one, just something to get me through the next four or five years.”
Jesus Shaves is another funny essay in the book. It is simply HILARIOUS when you listen to him narrating it. His voice makes all the difference! “He nice, the Jesus.” LOL! Enjoy it!

Time to pick the next book.

No Response to "This & That"

Post a Comment