Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Purpose

0
Once in a while a thought arises
That brings to mind the word "purpose"
What shall I do when on this Earth?
What is my purpose?
When I was growing up I was told
Fancy stories that would encourage me
No prince featured in these tales
It was always about my endeavour
Change the world, you will
Bring change to your homeland
As the years go by in your life
Your purpose will be brought to light
I wonder the truth behind those tales
Will they ever be deciphered
Or did I make other choices
That have altered the course of my life?
Does purpose really matter?
Or happiness in your current state is all important?
Why do I feel a void despite "everything"?
Why is there emptiness despite joy?
I look to the universe again for answers
But there is only black silence to be found
Some day in this life time I hope
My plea is heard
Not to change the world I say
But give me the joy of changing lives
A little voice speaks inside of me
You have already started that, it says
Keep your work going
And don't look to the heavens for answers
Come back here often and learn to chat
So your purpose shall be revealed

No Response to "Purpose"

Post a Comment