Monday, December 6, 2010

An anonymous 23 year old needs your help!

1
A few months ago I introduced this website here. Since then I have been regularly following it and reading the stories of women who otherwise don’t have a voice or a say in their own life. As sad as the stories are they are also hopeful because due to the extremely hard work of folks at AWWP, we are getting to hear from these ordinary women who the media isn’t interested in.
Last week I read a story by an anonymous woman – her identity is protected because she fears if her uncles and brothers find out they will kill her and she is not exaggerating. This 23 year old, a brilliant writer, is about to graduate university and  is facing the biggest crisis of her life. Her family has dealt her with 3 options and needless to say she HAS to pick one – “marry my cousin as a second wife, marry a man who is 50 years old, has connections to the government and is a drug dealer, or marry a man who is a widower with seven sons.”
Her story, for several reasons, tugs at my heart strings and I wish I could do something to bring her out of her current situation. I reached out to the AWWP and they told me they are partnering with several organizations and are hopeful.
All I ask of you is to read her story and spread the word about her. Please, please help her!
Who knows her life might have a miracle in store, thanks to you.

1 Response to An anonymous 23 year old needs your help!

September 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Very awesome and i like it
this post is very nice kapsul pembakar lemak

Post a Comment