Friday, October 28, 2011

Random reading

0
I shamefully admit Anna Karenina was too much for me and I dropped it before India and read two fun Jack Reacher novels in India. The problem with Ms. Karenina was way too many details, a slower than poison pace and many others I don't even remember. Perhaps I didn't have the best translation and could feel differently with a different version. For now though, I've had enough of her and her snotty Russian society.

This past week I read Lie Down with Lions by Ken Follett; nothing to take home about. Just mindless reading. 

Yesterday I ventured into the library and on the suggestion of a colleague went in search for The Russian Revolution by Richard Pipes. Now I am a history buff but this book was too much for me. Very detailed and complex, almost felt as if reading a text book, so I abandoned it too.  Now I am on another search - what to read? Lately I've been moody opting for fun, mindless books compared to something a little more stimulating. I guess its a phase but I really feel lost after I've finished a book not knowing what I want next!

While I wander around this weekend looking for something stimulating and fun, Happy Halloween!



No Response to "Random reading"

Post a Comment