Thursday, January 6, 2011

And just like that, 2011 is upon us!

2
Please no comments on how I'm late in wishing (better late than never, I say)!

May going forward life be peaceful, joyous and healthy for everyone on this planet! Our constant struggle is to evolve our consciousness to the point where we can be better friends, parents, children or simply human beings. Perhaps this year will teach us how to do that and where we can find that reservoir of selflessness hidden deep inside us.

For me personally, I am going to make it a year of growing patience. I believe each of us has a distinct lesson to learn in each lifetime and for me this lifetime is surely about developing patience; and to implement it in all walks of my life -- not just personal but also incorporate into my work ethic, in my rushed judgement of others (at work, home or while walking on the street) and give everyone a chance to showcase themselves. 

Patience with work is perhaps the biggest area of growth -- not rushing to finish things but taking my time and making sure its done right. Sometimes its hard not to do so, especially when you have a mountain of emails in your inbox (yes, it happens to me too; albeit sometimes) or when there is a cascade of tasks waiting for your attention or when what you are doing is ridiculously boring. No matter what, I will concentrate on the present and focus on what I am doing right now, properly.

That said, its also going to be a year where I let the soul speak louder than the mind! By that I mean, if a thought arises in my heart I will be spontaneous and implement it and not wait for my brain to catch up and analyze. So if I see a homeless man and my first thought is to get him food, I will do so before my brain says, "you know what, that's really not necessary. Why don't you get your ass home in this bone-chilling weather?"

I don't believe in New Year resolutions because the resolutions I speak of above shouldn't be implemented only when a New Year begins but should always be worked on. I have only begun to realize how important these are to me this year so I shall begin now!

What about you? Anything specific you are working on this year?

P.S.: I will talk about my experiences with Passport to the Cosmos shortly.

2 Response to And just like that, 2011 is upon us!

chiggins
January 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I'll be implementing all that needs to be done this year instead of procrastinating as usual and why do we always procrastinate? we are afraid! When we were much younger the brain I think is wired to take chances without second thought so we may grow with new discoveries or lessons to be learnt. There is ususally immense growth with failure because we now can see the pitfalls,but also the arrows pointing to a new directions which now starts to become more visible.

As we grow older we tend to cling to the familiar. The options are less and then again you may have already begun to understand a little more about our existence. it's all in the game.

I see and understand so much more now than I ever did before and ponder why I did not see what should have been very clear. Why? yes if we could all go back in time we would change it all to find perfection but do we really want perfection? No! we want all the dramas and pitfalls while playing the game of life. We may all be on chess board plannning our next move! Think of the joy, pain and sorrow waiting to be had rather than the humdrum of perfection. there's LIVING!

January 10, 2011 at 9:06 AM

yes, life is to be celebrated in more ways than one but we also needlessly worry ourselves with things that are beyond our control and understanding.

If only man were to realize that the present is all there is and how he acts right now will determine his upcoming years, he would be able to truly live. Knowing that you yourself are the controler of your destiny would take future worries out and make the now more aware. That would be the real joy!

Post a Comment