Thursday, November 11, 2010

Soothe my soul

0
After reading all that woman lambasting by Mr. Chanakya, I had to read something that would soothe my soul and remind me that those attitudes do not matter because the soul is genderless. We are here to fulfill a purpose and our experiences are helping us get to that purpose. The body we take is just an instrument,  a way of getting to where we need to be. Over the years I have read many books that talk about this concept, and coming from India, where reincarnation is a way of life my daily life is fairly imbibed with these beliefs. But all along this is what they were - beliefs. Since there is no tangible proof of what happens to us when we die, we derive all sorts of solace from reading scriptures of the wise written centuries ago. That all changed for me when I stumbled upon Many Lives, Many Masters.
For the record, I have read this book at least 3 times but every time I read I am fascinated and still get goose bumps re-reading the messages from the Masters. The book is about a true story of a woman, Catherine, who was suffering from severe mental trauma – fear of drowning, fear of swallowing pills, troubled relationship with parents, you name it. She lived so petrified of the dark and close spaces that she could barely sleep and often slept in the closet to alleviate her fears. Finally, after much coaxing from colleagues she went to see Dr. Brian Weiss, who used all sorts of traditional therapy on her but nothing worked. As almost a last resort, he tried regression therapy which started her amazing journey to her past lives where she recounted 86 of her past lives with vivid details. Once she started doing that not only her symptoms improved but she started living much more joyously.
During these sessions, she also started transmitting messages from the in-between state. Messages that were being sent by highly evolved beings, called Masters. Yes, this is a true story. And as I said, every time I read it I get goose bumps knowing that this life is not it, we live forever and will always be around our loved ones. Our purpose is to be God like through knowledge. We are here to learn and when we become God like we can choose whether to come back and help others. So helping, loving, kindness is not the stuff of only men like Gandhi and MLK. It is for you and me, indeed a path to redemption. Nirvana is waiting for us. The choice is ours – whether we want to get caught up in this temporary world or chase after ultimate salvation.

No Response to "Soothe my soul"

Post a Comment